2018 INALA Award Winners Announced
INDIANAPOLIS — The Indiana Assisted Living Association hosted its annual Awards Lunch and Business meeting on September 24, 2018 in conjunction with the 2018 Fall Conference. Twelve awards in eleven different categories were awarded.
- Leader Under 40: Taylor Shuey, American Senior Communities
- Outstanding Activity Director: Angi Stoner-Gast, North Woods Village at Inverness Lakes
- Caregiver of the Year: Jennifer Morris, Allisonville Meadows Assisted Living
- Outstanding Food Services Director: Bryan Friedrich, Woodland Terrace of New Palestine
- Outstanding Marketing Director: Amy Hake, North Woods Village at Inverness Lakes
- Outstanding Nurse Leader: Angel Walker, Crestwood Village West; Marie Short, Riverbend (TIE)
- Outstanding Community Director: Debbie Waziak, Brookdale Valparaiso
- Innovation of the Year: Justus Companies Team, Power Over Parkinson’s
- Partner of the Year: Healthcare Therapy Services
- Legislator of the Year: Senator Vaneta Becker
- Assisted Living Community of the Year: North Woods Village at Edison Lakes
INALA also recognized Mr. Allen Heuss for his inspiration and support of the Power Over Parkinson’s program.
Award winners were nominated by their peers and supervisors. Award winners were voted on by the INALA Board of Directors.
Indiana Assisted Living Association’s mission is to promote the interests of the assisted living industry in Indiana and to enhance the quality of life for the population it serves.